Monday, September 8, 2008

What's new & random thoughts.

We had Kendra's birthday parties, and all went well. She had a blast and got to see lots of good friends and family. Her first party was up north with my family. We had a good turn out. She got clothes, toys, a floor blanket, and a gift card among other things. We got her 72 balloons and blew them up and let her play. It was great! She dug in to her cake mouth first. It is hard to believe that it has already been a year. So much has changed, yet so much has stayed the same. I love my life!



Grandma R. made all of her cakes for the party. I don't know how she does it, but her cakes are the best!




Kendra turned 1 on Aug.31st, Labor day weekend. We took the kids to the Blueberry Festival Sunday and looked around, had some good ole fair food, they each rode a carnival ride, then we chilled out at Grandma&Grandpa C's house for a little bit before returning to the festival for some awesome FIREWORKS! They were better than I ever remember them being growing up. Kendra just watched them in awe. Allie got a little scared, but we were sitting so close, they could be a little loud. This is her picture from Sunday morning before we left the house, she turned one early that morning.


Her second party was held here at the house, with Patrick's family and some church friends stopping by, as well as R & J dropping in with the twins and little E. It was great to see them again. It had been nearly a year. Aunt H made the Elmo cake for this party, and mommy made the little cake for Kendra to chow down on. She wasn't as interested in it as she was Grandma R's cake up north. LOL. All in all it was a good day, she got more toys, clothes, some books, some money to start her savings account, and some more balloons!




Missy has started playing Soccer and loves it! Mommy missed her first practice :( because of work, but I did get to see her first game. I am so proud of her. She is playing with and against kids who have played for 2 or more years now, and this being her first year, first game, I think she did great. Now I don't know much if anything about soccer, but from what I could see she did good. Her team is rather large, so they each had to take turns on the feild and sidelines. Missy sat out 2 of the 4 quarters (very big team). They got to the goal several times, but that last kick always went to the side. The other team scored once. Overall it was a good game. Missy was a bit upset about her team losing, but I explained to her that they did great for their first game, they played fair, they tried hard, and someone has to lose, someone has to win.

She is #11 in the black shorts. This was taken in the last quarter. She started in the front line, like I said, I don't know soccer, so I have no clue what 'position' this is.


This is my beautiful little soccer star after her first game!







Allie and Kendra have both been enjoying Mommies new job title. I'm now something of a stay at home mom. I'm doing daycare in the house, I have 2 little boys that come Tues-Friday right now and I'm looking for 2 more full time kids. I love it. I am nowhere near as stressed as before, I feel more rested, much better able to handle the kids. I think it has been a positive change all around.

I am back in full swing at church now also, teaching my sunday school class. I had 9 kids yesterday, which normally would have been stressful, but we did great. The kids were so well behaved, and the new materials I have seem to be much more age-appropriate and interesting to the kids.

As for S, we got the papers from the court and nothing is changing. We are dissappointed, but we tried. I just pray that he stays safe and thank God that nothing has happened (which is why they said there was no reason to modify, because nothing has happened). I just don't understand why a mother would have someone with a record like that around her children.

So many things in this world today make no sense, mostly the decisions people make. Better judgement is needed when it comes to the lives of our children, the things they do, people they are around. Too many people think that the schools, daycares, churches, and government should raise their children for them. All these kids need is more love and attention from the people they want it most from, Mom and Dad. It's a sad, sad situation.

Another good thing that has come out of my recent job change is that I do get to spend more time with the kids. I'm also catching up on all the housework that I was too tired to do before. God has taken care of us. I know he will continue to do so, through good and bad. Right now I feel as though he is walking beside me, guiding me through my day. I cannot remember a time when I felt more at peace. (even with bills to be paid and things to be done around the house). I am truely blessed.

No comments: