Yup, this Sunday marks one year since Kendra made her presence known to us all. She came early in the morning on August 31st, 2007. Our family has not been the same since. Never will be. We have that much more love. In the last year we have been through some rough times and a lot of good times. I have many, many more friends (ok, so they are online, but hey, they are there for me). Kendra has grown by leaps and bounds. She is just under 20 lbs, but full of life and energy. She is always smiling. One tooth so far, but she is working on more. Last weekend we had her first 1st birthday party in Lapaz with my family and we had a great time. She really loved the balloons, 72 of them blown up and on the floor for her to play in and try to eat! She had her Hershey's bar compliments of Unlce Lynn, ate her cake like a puppy, face first. She played with her toys, cuddled with family, and towards the end, she TOOK HER FIRST STEPS! Two, maybe two and a half steps, but it was great! The following day we had a family reunion with my late grandfathers side of the family. Kendra and my great Uncle Melvin really hit it off. He had so much fun playing with her after lunch, and she just laughed and smiled. It actually brought tears to my eyes to see Grandpa's brother playing with her knowing that Grandpa himself never had that opportunity with Kendra or Allie. I treasure the picture of him and Missy at her 1st birthday. It was a great weekend between the party, her first steps, and the reunion.
We are having a birthday party at our house for her next weekend with friends and family. This weekend Patrick and I are going to the Blueberry Festival. I grew up going to it and he has never had the experience. I cannot wait to see his reaction to the festival! It is the largest festival I have ever been to, and there are so many things to see and do.
Well, back to work. I'll add pictures from last weekend when I get home.
No comments:
Post a Comment