Friday, October 3, 2008

Love

What is the meaning of Love? What is true love?


It is the look in the eyes of a child, seeing her daddy in the morning, laughing, smiling, glowing.

It is the pain in my heart when my husband rides the motorcycle to work and hasn't called to say he made it safely.

It is the hug from my girls.

It is when Allie says, you are my best mommy.

It is the warmth I feel when I turn over at night and feel Patrick at my side.

It is the sun through the window, the wind through the trees, the smell of my roses in bloom.

It is the smell of a fresh rain.

It is the light through the stained glass window in the santuary at church.

It is my stepson saying I love you Jackie.


It is everything and nothing.
It is so much more.


Love is in every aspect of my day, from waking in the morning next to my husband, to prayer at mealtime, to that last little 'nigh-nigh' from Kendra as I lay her down in the evening. You can't define it. You can't bottle it up. You can't photograph it. It is just there. In me. In you. In us all. In everything that lives and breathes. It just is.



No comments: