I have an addiction. Step 1 is admitting it right? I'm addicted to Facebook. It is open on my computer pretty much all day. Now, I don't sit at the computer mindlessly staring at it all day long, but I often walk by and refresh the screen to see if anyone has updated. It is my link to the outside world from my house. Without it, you would find me here dressed up in princess clothing singing the theme song to Sid the Science kid and coloring outside the lines on my walls.
Yeah, my life is a little boring at times. And crazy. And busy. And this and that. Sometimes I think that only a mom could understand the contridictions here. I miss my kids when they're gone, yet I wish for time alone. Your day is boring, yet you wish for things to slow down. But this is the wonder of having a family. I sit here this morning enjoying the quiet while my two oldest girls are at Grandmas for spring break, yet I miss them terribly. The other two kids are still in bed and the only two daycare kiddos that are here laid down and went back to sleep upon arrival. This is the silence I love, yet it feels out of place. Later today when the kids are asking for things left and right, I'll be wishing the silence was back. But for now, it's time to pour some coffee & have a little breakfast. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment