It seems to come naturally to Stephen, which is a great thing as long as they keep him engaged & on task. He has an extreme imagination sometimes and gets easily carried away with it. He is one that likes to do well and be satisfied with it, just needs a little push once in awhile to go that extra little bit to stay ahead. He brought home extra credit for Social Studies but told us he did well on the test so he didn't need to do the extra credit. We had to explain to him that doing it anyways would cushion him for the next test or maybe another assignment he may get a couple of questions wrong on. A 21 point extra credit could be the difference between a B+ and an A on the next report card. His intelligence is amazing, and with a little focus he is going to be great! He dreams of being a writer, and I know he can do it.
On to Miss Alexa. What can I say here? That beautiful little lady just blows me away. The year before she started Kindergarten I was actually tempted to test her into K because she was more than ready. I didn't do it though, kept her at home and worked with her more before starting her in school. She's among the oldest in her class now, and her first grade teacher, Mrs. Leisure, is amazing. Couple those things with this girls natural ability and curiosity to learn on top of her love of learning and she's unstoppable! She has surpassed her classmates in writing numbers, she's gone to 3,000 while most of them are just getting to 1,000. She's more than proud of her acheivements. She is always coming home telling me how she did the best in the class on one thing or another. She loves to play school with the daycare kids and be the teacher; I think I have a teacher in the making!
Then, although I don't have a report card for her, lil miss Kendra is also following in her siblings footsteps. She may not be able to speak clearly yet, but watch out! She soaks in everything around her and amazes me all the time in the things she knows & can do.



No comments:
Post a Comment