Just a typical family of 6, ok, well not so much. We have a very unique blended family, but I believe that God has brought us together through all the tough times for the days that lay ahead. We are a blessed family, with lots of ups and downs, frustrations and frills, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Controversial
I normally stay away from overly debatable issues, although from time to time a good healthy discussion ensues. After reading the article on wthr this morning about Chick-fil-a, I felt compelled to give my two-cents, for what that's worth.
The entire issue seems to revolve around discrimination, yet the politician is discriminating against the owner of the company for his beliefs. Nowhere have I seen something stating that the restaurant chain refuses to hire anyone that is gay, just simply that the owner does not believe in gay marriage. The owner has his rights to his own beliefs, right, wrong, or otherwise. I think it's sad that this is even an issue. You scream equal rights but in the process you violate rights of others.
I'm not anti-or pro gay. I feel that the only one to judge the hearts of anyone is God. I have worked with and know people who are gay and they are just as good of people as heterosexuals I know. They are brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, aunts and uncles, people with good hearts who have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, NO DIFFERENT than myself.
That politician, I'm sure, has his own issues that he will one day have to stand before God & be judged for. The owner of Chick-fil-a, same with him. Blocking a business from building a store because of the owners belief is as much discrimination as blocking a person from working at that store.
These are my thoughts and feelings on the matter, agree or not agree, that is your right. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment