January is going to be the back porch.
Biggest problems:
It's winter.. coats. shoes. boots. ahhh! I'm being transported to a spooky forest with flying monkeys right now. Coats and shoes and boots OH MY!Dryer area - the dryer becomes a catch all so easily.
Solutions:

I'm in the process of working on a new coat rack. The old system was 6 wooden pegs and they were constantly over crowded, one peg always fell out and it's currently missing in action. The new coat rack came out of an old barn, it's a long piece of wood with an old horseshoe in the center. The plan is to get 12 hooks for coats along the top and 6 for backpacks along the bottom. Still working on a solution for the shoes.
Sylvester, our resident feline, says HI as he models the OLD coat hooks.
Dryer area, not sure what to do there yet, still working on that.

2 comments:
Hey Jackie,
Try using old door knobs for hooks. Use old potato bags to make open top pockey bags for shoes, then hang them at bottom (up off floor but can still drip if needed) with old rug or drip mat underneath. The kids can run ribbon or yarn thru holes in potato bags to make it just THEiRS.
I've actually got someone bending some horseshoes for the coat hooks right now. I like that idea for the shoes :)
Post a Comment