Just a typical family of 6, ok, well not so much. We have a very unique blended family, but I believe that God has brought us together through all the tough times for the days that lay ahead. We are a blessed family, with lots of ups and downs, frustrations and frills, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Lucky to have had him.
Last week we went through something that I never want to repeat. Our 2 year old goldendoodle stopped eating on a Saturday. The first day I wasn't too concerned but by the second night I was ready to call the vet in the morning. We went through the first of 3 vet visits with him on Monday. By the third visit, we were saying goodbye to him. It still hurts to talk about it and we are still grieving. He was diagnosed with stomach cancer that day and had already lost 13 pounds. There was nothing that could be done except to minimize his pain. He would have suffered if we tried to bring him home so we did all we could do and he went to his eternal home. Lucky was a very special dog to our family and I miss him greatly even at this moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment