Wednesday, February 8, 2012

With every problem, comes a solution


In January we purchased a new bed. Our old one was sagging and whenever we went to sleep we'd roll to the middle, which is great for cuddling, but not so great for my back. You can imagine your body fighting all night long to stay up a hill, I would wake up more sore than when I went to bed.           As I began working on cleaning out from under our bed for the new one to be delivered I noticed the bedframe was shot. We ordered a new one to be delivered with the new matress & box springs. I LOVE the new bed by the way and would highly reccomend an Icomfort bed to anyone. We also got ahold of a free headboard from a friend who had it just sitting in the attic of her garage. Although it's not what I ultimately would like as a headboard, it serves it's purpose and is kinda growing on me :) The rest of the room is a work in progress as it's never even been painted since we moved in 8 years ago. I'm slowly collecting what I need to do a project with some old barn wood to be able to actually hang my new-to-me curtains that I've had for a year or so now. (seen to the left of the bed, hung the best I can for now on the old curtain rod, and the ones for the window to the right draped on the headboard)

The problem I was trying to solve was this: The new frame came with two extra bars and some hardware to make it into a King size frame if needed, but we only have a queen. I hate to get rid of them in case one day *daydreaming* we are able to move and have room for a king sized bed. 
I decided to raid Patrick's stash of zip-ties in the garage. 
The instructions and the extra hardware are in a sandwich bag, sealed & rolled up, then zip-tied along with the two extra bars to the underside of the bedframe. It's up out of the way and I don't have to worry about losing any of it. Simple solution. It's hard to see because of lack of lighting under the bed, but it's there. 

instructions & hardware in a baggie zip tied with extra rails to the bed frame

No comments: