So the other day, I decided to bring in one that was on the patio and courtesy of Kendra had one pane broken from her thinking it would be a good place to step. I'm grateful she wasn't cut and figured it needed moved before anything else happened. While browsing pinterest, I had seen a few old windows used as picture frames, so I started playing around with ideas.
Started out by cleaning it up, taping the windows off and spraying a clear coat over the old cracked white paint to seal it and keep anything else from chipping off. The backs of the window panes had to be hot glued to seal the glass in. I screwed in a small white hook to hang the barn star on, which was sitting on a shelf in the kitchen. The same shelf also had an abundance of ivy, which I stole a few small pieces from. The rest, hot glue and tape. Nothing had to be bought, it was all around the house somewhere. :)
This first picture was a 'rough draft' using a collage of pictures of my neices and nephews. I have changed it to the arrangement below with some pictures of my children from this past fall.


1 comment:
I like the second window frame better. The one you sent up here I think Im just going to add a little Christmas ponsettia's and greenery. I love the painting you have on it.
Post a Comment