Thursday, January 22, 2009

1-21-09 What do you see?

When you look at me, what do you see?Do you really see who I am?Do you see me?Do you see a beautiful soul, a mom, wife, friend?Do you see what I see?There are times I look in the mirrorand it is just a reflection in the glass.I see only a person standing there, tired and worn. I see a dishwasher, broom and vaccuum,dust cloth, and laundry basket.Our lives are so busy, with kids, work, and obligationsthat we often take for granted who we really are.I looked in that mirror the other dayand seen the lives that I can affect.I look in that same mirror, and see a friend, a lover, a mother.A beautiful person full of life.My kids, my husband, my friends, and my God were all looking back at me. I was not staring at myself, not a worn person eitherLooking back from that glass was who makes me who I am. The world does not define my beauty.My children have unconditional love for the one they call Mom.My husband chooses me over any other, not for physical apperances, but for me.My God will never abandon me, he carries me through it all.My friends will stand beside me, through thick and thin, good times and bad.I need no other to tell me who I am. I need only that reflection.

2 comments:

Mazlo family said...

Thank you for this and the previous post. They were very insightful and oh so true. It's easy to get preoccupied with ourselves and forget about all the people in our lives who need us to be at our best for them. :)

Jackie said...

Your welcome. It is so easy to get on into that one track state of mind.. I'll have to come back periodically and re-read this myself.