Thursday, January 8, 2009

Where did the time go?

I cannot even remember the last time I blogged. I'll have to go look to see if I've even done it since the holidays! We had a good Christmas, the kids are enjoying their new toys and clothes. The Wii was a HUGE hit. I got a Wii Fit for Christmas too, and that has been used daily by either me or the kids. New Years Eve seen a housefull of friends here. We had a blast, with minimal alcohol. There was a little wine, a few beers, but mostly soda and iced tea. There was card games and Wii for the adults, kids played in the basement with air hockey and the pool table as well as darts. They got to play a little bit of Wii also. We watched the ball drop and toasted with wine or whatever else may have been in their cups at the time. After midnight, card games resumed and the house finally cleared out around 2am! It was a great evening, and we definately want to do it again.
Patrick has adjusted to the new work hours and is doing well. My business picked up and is where I want it to be. I had 2 kids start this week and all is going well. Stephen and Missy both brought home good report cards, so I'm hoping to do something special for them this weekend. Allie is now realizing she will be starting school this year. She has made mention to me this week a couple of times that she does not want to go to school, she wants to stay home with Mommy and her friends here. I have told her she has till August here with me, but then she has to go to Kindergarten. It will definately be different without her here all day long. :(
Kendra is doing great. She is now 16 months old. She graduated to a toddler bed yesterday, mostly because Mommy is so short she cannot lay her down in the crib in the lowest position without pretty much dropping her in. We converted it yesterday and she did great sleeping in there last night, for nap today, and daddy layed her down tonight with no problems. She has started saying a few new words now, her vocabulary includes; mama, dada (her favorite), nigh-night, Hi, and hot. She is so good natured and happy most of the time, loves to play, run, and give big wide open mouthed kisses! Oh, and slobber is often included with those kisses!
I guess that is about it for now, I need some sleep as there are kids coming at 530 in the morning.. and we will be up late tomorrow night at the line dancing lessons. :)
Good night!

No comments: