Thursday, March 26, 2009

Busy, busy, blah

This has been an awkward week. Actually started with a busy weekend. Saturday found us doing something that escapes my mind... oh ya... a trip to Muncie, lunch and playing at the park with some good friends, then a training class for my daycare licensing. After that was a little ladies only home party at my neighbors house. Sunday we left at the crack of dawn.. maybe a few moments later, to head up north. We met my bff in Kokomo for breakfast. Had a good time catching up. Could have talked for a few more hours, but we still had half our drive ahead of us. We eventually meandered our way up to my parents house. It was really nice to spend the few hours we stayed up there. Took a walk to deliver some girl scout cookies, got to see my old neighborhood and visited with Uncle Lynn for a few, then on to Grandmas. Would have visited there longer, but lil Missy was impatient.. and bored.. go figure. After a late lunch/early dinner, and the kids kicking leaves around in the yard for a bit, we headed back home minus one. I've missed her since. :(

Monday was mostly peacefull, until evening. Kendra started showing signs of possible pinkeye. Grandma stopped by and checked it out and thought the same as me, so we ran with it. I was ready to cancel daycare for Tuesday, when my knight in shining armor came to my rescue and took the day off to remove the lil biohazard from the house for the day. Morning came and the increased puffiness in her eyes warranted a trip to see my favorite physicians assistant Kathy. (Dr.Loman was off) Patrick took her in, and I waited. I finally get a text saying no pinkeye (yay!) but they were giving Kendra a breathing treatment. Wait a minute... how did we get from eyes to lungs here? After a bit of worry and confusion.. flashing back to a year ago with my precious baby in the hospital for pneumonia and rsv... I got a phone call from Kathy explaining it all. She listened to her chest and there was a lot of ronchi in the bronchial tubes. No pneumonia, she wasn't even thinking that, but wanted to prevent it from getting to that point. She sent her home on 5 different meds.. a steriod and albuterol for the constriction in her lungs, antibiotics for the infection, eye drops for the redness and puffiness, and then decongestant/antihistimine drops for the congestion. Wow.. poor little thing. (on a good note, she is doing much, much better now.)
Forward now to Wednesday, Patrick is back to work, and I have a few kids in the daycare, but my day is filled with dealing with a cranky baby and cleaning house, which had been neglected since last Friday. Wednesday evening the neighbor stops over saying she had gotten a phone call from a family needing childcare the next day. Turns out that there were 2 families, so Deanna and I teamed up and took on the 4 resulting children together, along with my usual bunch. All said, we had 11 children Thursday, which was fun.. a little stressful, but it all went really well. We had lots of outside playtime, went to the park, watched a couple of movies, etc. By Thursday evening, Deanna and I were both wore out! I still had choir practice to attend... and my head started feeling heavy with sinus pressure. I made it to practice, sang the best I could for the way I was feeling.. and left a bit early without the normal socializing. By the time I made it home I was exhausted, crashed out on the couch, started this blog and gave up just a few lines in and retired myself to the comfort of my bed! There was so much more to the week, but I know that this blog has already gotten really long, so I'll cut it short there. :)

No comments: