Just a typical family of 6, ok, well not so much. We have a very unique blended family, but I believe that God has brought us together through all the tough times for the days that lay ahead. We are a blessed family, with lots of ups and downs, frustrations and frills, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Relay For Life
We had our second meeting last night, and it was actually a productive one! We established 3 fundraisers, figured out our 'theme' for our campsite, got things organized and team members all registered. We have a team of 11, making our minimum to raise $1,100. So far we have $200 of that, leaving $900 to go for our team goal between 3 fundraisers and donations. Of course there are the typical luminaries this year but the price has dropped, which I think will help to get more orders for those. I know I will be buying one for each of my family members that I have lost to cancer, and one for Missy's grandfather. Our relay fundraisers are as follows... March 27th, babysitting night at the church. Bring your children and drop them off and enjoy a night out while they are fed supper and cared for while you are gone! $15 for the first child, $5 for each additional in the same family. We will do another night like this in April, possibly even an overnight for that one. May 2nd, we will have a free-will donation Back to Basics BBQ at the church, Food and Fun provided! I'm really looking forward to that one! I'm pretty excited about this years relay. I know it will probably not be as big money wise as years past with the failing economy, but I have a feeling we will see lots of people there enjoying the (free) company of others and the beautiful park.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment