I'm taking on a new venture. I have become a 'coupon mom'. We started cutting costs last year, starting with eliminating unnessesary expenses. Satelite tv, my cleaning ladies (sniff :( sniff) and trash pick up were the first to go. All of the extras are gone from our budget except internet of course! Since leaving my job at the doctors office and starting the daycare, I have had more time to plan meals based on sales flyers and such, reducing our grocery bill slightly.
Recently, I have started clipping, organizing, and actually using coupons! Last night was my best shopping trip yet. We shopped at 2 different stores, spending $167.71 but saving a whopping $113.73 between store loyalty card sales and coupons! A quick run-down of some of the best sales...
Marsh Grocery
Suave shampoo & conditioner - Sale .88 each + coupons = 13 bottles for $3.94
Chicken leg quarters - .68 / lb
Boneless Rump Roast - 1.98 / lb
Total spent - $39.39
Total Saved - $47.83
Krogers
several different yogurts sale 2 for $4 + coupons = $1 each for 6pk Dannon light and fit Dannon
kids yogurt, and Activia w Fiber Yogurt
Frozen Veggies - sale .93 each
Kids toothpaste - $1 each (oral B princess, and Aquafresh kids pump)
2 Cans diced tomatoes - Sale .97 + double coupon = .47 each
Total Spent - $128.32
Total Saved - $65.90
I have started swapping coupons with a couple of friends and getting 2 sunday papers each week... seems to be paying off!
2 comments:
You rock!
why thanks Tiff!
Post a Comment